Friday, November 18, 2011

Writing Assignment 8: Love Sonnet

I don't quite understand how we ended up together.
And why not ten years ago, upon our first meeting?
Yet with all the storms we have and yet to weather,
I know you will be the one my lips will be greeting.


The happiness we have already shared is proof  we are right.
I know that with every passing season our love will continue to grow.
Still I look forward to seeing you walk through the door each night.
The smile on my face each time we meet is one that will always show.


You calm me down when I think I might blow my top.
You are always comforting when I am upset.
And I am there for you when you get the urge to stop.
To tell you "yes, it will be okay" so you forget.


This is why you will be my forever mate.
Until we have our last earthly date.





No comments:

Post a Comment