Friday, November 18, 2011

Week 7: Traveling through the dark and The next poem

Traveling through the dark by William Stafford
This poem was very sad to me, but yet I don't know if I wouldn' t have done the same thing. This poem is a perfect example of how a poet can write a short story in less than 20 lines. If he had cut the fawn out of the doe, who is to say that it wouldn't have died anyway? I still had a heavy heart after reading it, this piece did touch me.

The next poem by Dana Gioia
This is a poem written about writing a poem. I think it pokes fun st poems that are lengthy and boring and also talks about how it is difficult to get across emotion without sounding cheesy. the best part of this poem is the last lines which tell you even though the writer dislikes the things she has written about, she just did it to the reader. It is funny and a little ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment